Nature's Farm® Bone Defense 120s
The improved Nature’s Farm® Bone Defense Formula is formulated with the optimum ratio of 2:1 of Calcium and Magnesium, further enriched with Ginger, Cayenne, Turmeric, Rosemary, BioPerine® and Ipriflavone. All of these ingredients work synergistically to promote healthy bone structure and function. This special formula ensures the absorption and utilization of bone essential nutrients. It is recommended for adults of all ages and those with poor nutrients absorption. Calcium Citrate Malate used in this formula contains 26 percent elemental Calcium.
1. One capsule delivers 150mg Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate, Hydroxyapatite and Citrate Malate). Calcium supplements are used to prevent Calcium deficiencies. Office of Dietary Supplements (National Institutes of Health)recommends that no more than 500 mg of Calcium supplement should be taken in one serving. This is because our bodies actually absorb less Calcium when we consume high dosage in a single serving. Therefore, it is recommended to spread doses throughout the day. Recommended daily Calcium intake for adults ranges from 1000 to 1300 mg.
2. Vitamin D is added to the formula to induce the synthesis of intestinal proteins responsible for Calcium absorption.
3. Magnesium is required for the proper growth and maintenance of bones. Magnesium is also required for the proper function of nerves, muscles, and many other parts of the body.Magnesium and Calcium metabolism are closely related.
4. Taking Calciumas a supplement helps to build peak bone mass whilst also slowing down post-menopausal bone loss.In particular, Calcium Citrate Malate is the most bioavailable form of Calcium and studies show that Calcium Citrate Malate is more effective than Calcium Carbonate in slowing down post-menopause bone loss. The addition of Vitamin D and trace minerals to Calcium supplementation is an effective way to maintain bone health in post menopausal women (Comparative Absorption of Calcium Sources and Calcium Citrate Malate for the Prevention of Osteoporosis, Lyn Patrick, N.D., 1999).
5. Calcium Citrate Malate is also better absorbed in adolescents compared with Calcium Carbonate. A recent extensive review confers superior qualities to Calcium Citrate Malate and concludes that it is especially beneficial for some individuals (Lamy, O., & Burckhardt, P.Calciumrevisited: part II Calcium supplements and their effects. Bone KEy Reports, 3, 579. 2014).
6. This Calcium formula comes with Defense Blend containing BioPerine®. BioPerine® is a patented extract obtained from black pepper fruits (<text class="_3ziulaHePS" direction="ltr" height="13.1999816894531" lengthadjust="spacingAn