NOW® L-Arginine 500mg, 100s
Arginine is a conditionally essential basic amino acid involved primarily in urea metabolism and excretion, as well as in DNA synthesis and protein production. It is an important precursor of nitric oxide (NO) and thus plays a role in the dilation of blood vessels. It is naturally presence in red meat and other animal-derived foods, but the consumption of health supplements ensure that we can get enough high-quality L-arginine.
- Improve nitrogen retention and increase muscle mass, and promote muscle glycogen re-synthesis.
- A 45-day, double-blind, controlled study indicated that oral arginine supplementation for 56 male football player was shown to help increase athletic performance (by increasing maximal oxygen uptake). (Eur J Clin Nutr. 2017 April. “The effect of l-arginine supplementation on body composition and performance in male athletes: a double-blinded randomized clinical trial”.
- Improve protein synthesis
- Increase muscle mass
- Increase muscle repair rate
- Help blood vessel to dilate, promote blood circulation and oxygen level
Take 2 capsules twice daily as needed. Take between meals or at bedtime with a carbohydrate drink to facilitate absorption.