Skip to content
Free local delivery for orders over $120🏡📦🚛
Free local delivery for orders over $120🏡📦🚛

People with Diabetes can actually eat chocolate?!

When it comes to chocolate, most people think of high sugar and high calories. As long as you eat a little, it will make your blood sugar spike and make you fat, especially for diabetics who need to control their blood sugar levels, chocolate is a taboo.

However, you may have some misunderstandings about chocolate. In fact, in the market, we can find ‘healthy’ chocolate. In addition to its low sugar and low calorie, it can also satisfy appetite, as well as having a low glycemic index.

Pay attention to product brand tips

The chocolates that are common in the market can be simply divided into three types: dark chocolate,milk chocolate and white chocolate.The main raw materials for making chocolate are cocoa liquor,cocoa butter,sugar and milk.Simply put, when the product is labelled with 70% chocolate, it means 70% cocoa liquor and cocoa butter, and the remaining 30% is milk and sugar.

Benefits of eating more chocolates

Most of the benefits of chocolate come from its cocoa ingredients. Cocoa contains natural flavonoids and is a powerful antioxidant. It can effectively reduce glycated haemoglobin, promote insulin secretion, improve the toughness of blood vessel wall, reduce the risk of thrombosis, oxidation and inflammation, and achieve the effect of maintaining cardiovascular health and regulating immunity.

According to clinical evidence, high-purity chocolate does not make people fat. Li Yuanyi, a famous doctor in the Japanese Department of Liverology, recommends eating 25 grams of dark chocolate* (equivalent to 10 Nature’s Farm Choco-lo low-glycemic index chocolates) in his book “Eating Chocolate Controls Diabetes”.  Studies have shown that eating about 25 grams of dark chocolate a day can reduce the incidence of diabetes by up to 30%.

As a wise gourmet, you have to choose quality foods~


Nature's Farm® Choco-lo Low Glucose Chocolate

With 100% sugar cane high quality derivatives, you can enjoy smooth chocolate.
To cater to the huge market demand, Choco-lo is the world's first low-sugar, low-fat and low-calorie chocolate. Compared with the general chocolate on the market, Choco-lo does not cause adverse effects such as blood sugar instability after consumption, and can be said to be suitable for diabetics. In addition, Choco-lo is also a halal-certified food.


Choco-lo comes in 3 flavors, including 85% dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate.
• 85% dark chocolate: 85% cocoa content and rich in iron and potassium


• White chocolate: rich in potassium, specially added with high calcium

calcium content: 312 mg of calcium per 100g  


• Milk Chocolate: Made from 50% 85% dark chocolate and 50% white chocolate, rich in iron, calcium and potassium.



· Choco-lo's small piece of chocolate makes it easier to control the amount of each meal than the chocolate bar on the market. You don't have to worry about overeating.

· Low-melting chocolate can be a secret weapon for making DIY recipes, making it easy for you to become a dessert chef



Hyumi is a certified nutritionist under the Singapore Nutrition & Dietetic Association (SNDA), she has 8 years of professional experiences in providing health consultations & advice for clients and corporates alike, all the while researching & developing new functional ingredients for better formulation. Hyumi obtained her Degree in Food Sciences & Nutrition from University Malaysia Sabah.

Disclaimer is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Products, services, information and other content provided on, including information that may be provided on directly or by linking to third-party websites are provided for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options.

Full Disclaimer



Previous article Omega 3 Supplements - An Ultimate Guide

Leave a comment

Comments must be approved before appearing

* Required fields


Enjoy FREE delivery with min. spend


Discover Online Exclusive deals


Your information & Payment is safe with us


Chat with our experience advisors