Will Eating Salmon Make One Fat?
When it comes to Japanese cuisine, everyone's first impression would be their world-famous sashimi cuisine. Sashimi has been the center of Japanese food culture since ancient times, from the quality of fish, nutritional value to even the plating and knife techniques. One of the most popular sashimi fish is of course, salmon is the most popular.
Salmon is a type of deep-sea fish that is mainly distributed in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean. The main difference between it and other sashimi fish is its rich fat between the muscles and its beautiful flesh. It is also one of the most popular fish sashimi species in China. The meat of the salmon fish is full of fat, making it not only easy to digest and absorb, but also has no smell and bone, suitable for the elderly and children.
Salmon Natural Nutrition
Because salmon is a deep-sea fish, its nutritional value is higher than that of freshwater fish, and it is known as the world's healthiest fish. Not only that, but its calorie and cholesterol levels are also lower than other meats.
Its main nutrients include protein and fats, and are rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B3, B6 as well as minerals such as selenium, iron, and antioxidants, as well as Omage-3 essential fatty acids.
Many people have heard that the fat in the salmon will make one fat, but in fact it is the opposite. Omega-3 essential fatty acids in salmon can help reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels, and to a certain extent, also achieve weight loss and slimming effects. It is also recognized as a natural source of essential omega-3 fatty acids. It contains two kinds of Omage-3 unsaturated fatty acids such as DHA and EPA.
DHA is one of the essential fatty acids in the human body and has the highest bioavailability. It is a major component of the brain and an important component in promoting eye health, so it is commonly found in infant nutrition formulas. In addition, EPA can effectively promote joint health, promote cell regeneration and enhance immunity.
People who are worried about eating raw fish or busy urban people can choose the extracted salmon oil supplement.
.Maintain healthy blood pressure, triglyceride and cholesterol levels
· Omega-3 fatty acids prevent blood from clotting and contribute to cardiovascular health
· Omega-3 fish oil helps to enhance cognitive function and memory health
· Omega-3 improves serotonin and dopamine levels and maintains good mental state
· DHA helps promote the health of the retina
· Omega-3 helps promote macular health
· Omega-3 can help relieve dry eye syndrome
· Anti-inflammatory properties to maintain joint health and flexibility
· Restore joint function
5. Reduce the risk of cancer
· Rich vitamin D and selenium are also good for cancer prevention
6. Skin and hair
· Omega-3 also helps the skin lock in water, promotes collagen formation, and maintains skin elasticity
· Protein can provide nutrients to the hair follicles of the hair, promote hair toughness and reduce hair loss
- People with high blood pressure, high blood sugar and high cholesterol
- Patients with cardiovascular disease
- Arthritis patients
- Memory loss, Alzheimer's patients
- People with reduced vision
Hyumi is a certified nutritionist under the Singapore Nutrition & Dietetic Association (SNDA), she has 8 years of professional experiences in providing health consultations & advice for clients and corporates alike, all the while researching & developing new functional ingredients for better formulation. Hyumi obtained her Degree in Food Sciences & Nutrition from University Malaysia Sabah.
NaturesFarm.com is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Products, services, information and other content provided on NaturesFarm.com, including information that may be provided on NaturesFarm.com directly or by linking to third-party websites are provided for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options.